Mustang of the week #3
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I found so many good Mustang photos on Flickr (preparing for this series of posts) that I created a Flickr group for it. Then I started wondering if it wouldn’t be cool to give some more background about the photographer instead of just sharing the on great photo. So from now on this weekly post will highlight one of the photographers in that Flickr group, and I will be asking them the same 5 questions.
First up is Evan aka evvvvs from Melbourne, Australia!
1. Which of your own photos in the Flickr group you like most?
I don’t have a favorite but if I had to pick one, this might be it. Both of these beautifully restored cars were recent concourse trophy winners. Congratulations Tony & Jim!
2. Is there a particular story around one of your Mustang photos that you would like to share? Something that happened when you took it? Or something related to the response you got on the photo so far?
I guess this photo stands out a little. The striking black paint work & the fact that it’s the same model as my own car, really dragged me in. I met Laurie the owner on this particular night & we had a good long chat about our cars. We bump into each other regularly at local events & he’s always got a kind word to say about the photos I post on Flickr. It’s great to get that sort of feedback from the owners of the cars you shoot.
3. Do you own a Mustang yourself? Which model? And would you like to have one if that’s not the case yet?
Yes, I own a 1965 A-Code Coupe which I’m currently restoring.
4. Do you have a specific love for photographing Mustangs? Or is a coincidence? Or a passion for cars in general?
I certainly do. I have a passion for early Mustangs & while I can’t enjoy mine (resto in progress) I figure I might as well enjoy the finished projects of fellow Mustang owners!
5. Which one of the other photos (in the Flickr group) are you jealous of as a photographer?
I think this shot by Steve Kay is pretty special:
Thanks Evan! Nice choice on the photos and good luck with the restoration of your own Mustang. Oh and Evan, I think I like this one most, but it’s a tough choice to make :)
More goodness next Friday.