Mustang of the week #4
1. Which of your own photos in the Flickr group you like most?
I like this one in particular, because it brings me exactly the feeling I wanted when I took it. It shows power, style, control. I can almost hear the noise.
2. Is there a particular story around one of your Mustang photos that you would like to share? Something that happened when you took it? Or something related to the response you got on the photo so far?
Last year I went to a city named Aguas de Lindóia for the Annual Classic Cars Meeting and met that yellow GT500 over there. Unfortunately it was raining and the car was separated from the public by some fences, so I didn’t get any decent shot. This time I was at Interlagos Circuit in a sunny lovely day and it showed up. So I spent the time I want admiring and taking as many shots as I want.
3. Do you own a Mustang yourself? Which model? And would you like to have one if that’s not the case yet?
No, I don’t, unfortunately. I think I’d have an old GT500R or a new 427R Roush Mustang, if I could. The first has lovely lines and the last is a beast itself. Might be a good fun riding any of them.
4. Do you have a specific love for photographing Mustangs? Or is a coincidence? Or a passion for cars in general?
My father used to fix cars when I was a child, so I grew up in the middle of engines, cars and trucks. The noise and the gasoline smell are music and scent for me. Then I had a chance of being a course marshall at Interlagos Raceway, where I can put two of my passions, cars and photography, together.
Since then, I’m always on track, very close to the races and inside all the emotion, which I try to put on the photos I take. The Mustangs are special for me because of the lines and the sound. They look powerful and sound very nice!
5. Which one of the other photos (in the Flickr group) are you jealous of as a photographer?
I’m not jealous because I believe each photographer does the photos the way he/she likes. From the pool I highlight Bruno Guerreiro’s and LiveandLetDie‘s photos. They look amazing and carefully done. They do an awesome work.
Thanks a lot Ale Jr for answering those questions, I’m sure we got the 2 photographers you named up here as well one day. Good choice on the ‘Big Wheel’ shot, like it a lot as well.
More goodness next week… with a fellow countryman of mine.