Mustang of the week #5
1. Which of your own photos in the Flickr group you like most?
This one was taken last summer (‘08). We spot the building in the background long time ago. It’s situated near the local airport and it’s very particular. In fact, the "sails" you see are used to get fresh air in the building, like natural air conditioning and on the roof there is a windmill that generates electrical power to the building. A kind of zero emission building almost ;)
2. Is there a particular story around one of your Mustang photos that you would like to share? Something that happened when you took it? Or something related to the response you got on the photo so far?
"My mustang on the street of Belgacom tower in Brussels, Belgium." This shoot is a professional shoot; It was used to illustrate an ad for a recycling company. Of cause, some Photoshop mods were done like: cleaning the street from cars, ad panels, … and the water splash was created launching sand bags into water, some reflections were added. If someone got the final product (magazine), I would appreciate if you could send me a scan!
3. Do you own a Mustang yourself? Which model? And would you like to have one if that’s not the case yet?
Got a 1969 V8 302 Coupe Mustang. Lot’s of mods where applied to the car like, some goodies to the engine, T5 5 speed trans, a ford 3.55 (read end 9”), 03 mach1 wheel (17”), line lock, cut outs, and more to come.
Some of the rebuild story photos can be found here.
4. Do you have a specific love for photographing Mustangs? Or is a coincidence? Or a passion for cars in general?
My mustang Story started in 2002, when I bought my own. As a French speaking man, I searched the interne for a good quality site to help me rebuild my pony. Not really happy by what i found, i decide to open my own "mustang passion forum" ( http://www.mustangpassion.com ). Since, the website has grown a lot and is now known as the French speaking reference site with more than 1600 members and 150.000 messages posted. In 2005, ‘mustang passion’ also transformed into a Mustang owner Club in Belgium and in France.
5. Which one of the other photos (in the Flickr group) are you jealous of as a photographer?
Many! But I always loved this one :
Good choices Didier. I would personally have chose other rims on the Mustang but then again, I don’t even have one… at least you do :)
Here’s on of the photos I like most out of your collection:
More goodness next Friday!