Mustang of the week #9
Back in Europe this week for the series – Oslo (Norway) to be exact, with Arnfinn Hushovd’s answers on my 5 questions.
1. Which of your own photos in the Flickr group you like most?
This is the Mustang picture I am most happy with. This profile of the mustang makes it look its best. Also the depth of field, the light and the memory of a perfect summers day, and my old Mustang.
2. Is there a particular story around one of your Mustang photos that you would like to share? Something that happened when you took it? Or something related to the response you got on the photo so far?
The day I got to drive at an air strip. -I knew about a old airport in Froland, the southern part of Norway, and that it was now owed by a airplane model club. We cold not drive on it. My brother and I took our chances and there we met one man who gave us permission as long as we did not interfere with his model helicopter. We had a great time burning rubber from one end of the runway to the other in the burning summer heat until the radiator was boiling hot.
Great memories! We also filmed that day, and if you are interested you can se the resolute here.
3. Do you own a Mustang yourself? Which model? And would you like to have one if that’s not the case yet?
Yes I own a 1969 Sport Roof v4 302 and loving it! Tough now the car is in winter hibernation because of all the salt in the streets and the 50cm(19inch) of snow… I will have to way until April to drive it again. I have many plans for it, first big thing is to get it painted black or dark gray. I want to tone it down a bit. The car is screaming in that orange color!
4. Do you have a specific love for photographing Mustangs? Or is a coincidence? Or a passion for cars in general?
Its a new found interest for me to take photos of cars. Old American cars preferably but most of all my own Mustang. I never get tiered of taking photos of it and hopefully someday I will also shoot some video of it.
5. Which one of the other photos (in the Flickr group) are you jealous of as a photographer?
Its a great photo. High contrast, a small tilt and little color. Also the blurry background looks great. This kinda style I want to try to do more of.
Note: this is the second time we get this one selected, time to get Steve Kay on the series don’t you think? ;)
Thanks for sharing this with us Arnfinn, here’s my favorite out of your collection… great title too: “Beast in the dark”.